A Quick Glance at Tips to Grow Your Black Bamboo Plant Effectively
Bamboo is a unique indoor plant which holds amazing aesthetic value and importance for people around the world. It is an important part of Chinese Feng Shui and symbolizes luck, prosperity and well-being. One of the popular and widely spread bamboo varieties is black bamboo which is known for its unique ornamental value. You can easily find multiple varieties of bamboo that come with black culms or stems and there are around 1200 species of bamboo in total.
The black bamboo is commonly referred to as Phyllostachys nigra and this Chinese variety is known to spread rapidly through underground rhizomes. If you want to grow this special bamboo variety in your home, you need to order bamboo plants online or visit your nearest local nursery store. In order to ensure the proper growth of this black bamboo plant, you need to control and minimize its growth through the help of various tips listed below:
- This bamboo variety needs to be grown in an open space as it spreads rapidly and can be used for dense hedge or privacy screen. Make sure that your bamboo plants are 3-5 feet away from each other to avoid congestion and unnecessary growth. The prime requirement of this bamboo variety is a sizeable area for growth.
- For controlling the unchecked growth of the bamboo plant, you need to perform a wide range of strategies such as root pruning or a root barrier. If you are going for root barrier, make sure that the barrier is installed at least 36 inches deep between the bamboo grove and the rest of your property by using various trench materials that are impenetrable in nature.
- If you want to witness the charm of this ornamental bamboo plant, wait patiently for the third year of growth when its wonderful leaves are transitioning from green to ebony black color to attain the full splendor. You can easily order these small bamboo plants online and add elegance to your home in a smooth manner due to their extraordinary home décor quality.
- Black bamboo has the ability to grow under varying light conditions from full sun to partial shade. Further, you need to water the new bamboo plantings regularly until they are established. In order to retain the moisture further, you need to add mulch around the base of bamboo plants.
- Always grow your black bamboo plant in a moist and loamy soil having a pH range between highly acidic to slightly alkaline. There is no need for fertilizers while growing a black bamboo plant, however, you can use a fertilizer high in nitrogen content during the mid-late spring season.
So, make a fantastic addition to your home décor and internal home beauty by ordering this amazing black bamboo plant from any offline or online nursery store BookMyFlowers. This bamboo variety can easily improve the aura, internal environment and charm of your home without any doubt.